Purina® Omolene® #400 RT Complete Advantage Horse Feed
With Outlast® Gastric Support SupplementDesigned for competition horses.
It took over 100 years of industry-leading research and innovation to build today’s Purina® Omolene® horse feed lineup. We started with naturally nutritious high-quality whole grains packed with antioxidants, phytonutrients and prebiotic fibers. From there, countless nutrition studies and feeding trials at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center led to scientific breakthroughs that keep our formulas on the cutting-edge of equine nutrition and performance. Because only innovations proven to have the highest level of performance and safety earn their place in Purina® Omolene® horse feeds, you can feed with full confidence. Whether you need to fuel intense competitive performance, support your horse’s gastric health or nourish the growth of the next generation of equine athletes, Omolene® feeds are built to help solve your toughest nutritional challenges.
When there’s greatness on the inside, it shows on the outside.
Features & Benefits
Multiple Fuel Sources
A calorie-dense blend of fat, fiber and whole grains supports sustained performance
Formulated with Outlast® Supplement to support gastric health and proper pH
Contains Amplify® high fat nugget to maintain body condition, shine and bloom
Low Dust Ingredients
Designed for horses with respiratory or dietary sensitivity, this formula contains no barley, oats, or alfalfa.
Amplify® High Fat Nugget
A proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flaxseed, and rice bran to support weight gain, endurance, shine, and bloom.
Loose Beet Pulp Shreds
An excellent source of fermentable fiber for sustained energy
Unique soy oil-molasses blend with lower sugar and higher fat than traditional cane molasses helps decrease bricking in winter and drying out in summer.
Countless trials at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center and in the field verify exceptional palatability to support consistent nutrient intake, even in the pickiest eaters.
Only ingredients that meet our stringent quality criteria make it into our mills and feed bags. Any shipment that doesn’t meet or exceed our standards is turned away.
For feeding directions outside the ranges addressed in these feeding charts, please contact your local Purina® retailer or Purina Customer Service at 800-227-8941.
DAILY FEEDING CHART:
|Lifestyle||WEIGHT OF HORSE (LBS)|
|Minimum hay or
Equivalent pasture* (lbs/day)
|Omolene® 400 RT Horse Feed (lbs/day)**|
** To meet nutrient requirements, do not feed less than 0.4 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight per day for mature horses (4 lbs per 1000-lb horse). If your horse gains too much weight at that minimum feeding rate, transition to Purina® Enrich Plus® Ration Balancing Feed.
***Feeding rates of Omolene® 400 RT and forage may be adjusted or feed may be top-dressed with Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Supplement for additional calories. Hard-working horses may also benefit from supplementation with Purina® Supersport® Amino Acid Supplement.
- Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per day for each horse.
- Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
- Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality, climate and activity level. Feed at regular times, at least twice daily. Do not feed more than 0.5 lbs/100 lbs of body weight per meal. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
- Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
- Provide fresh, clean water at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt.